Thursday 23 April 2009

Travels....


The training is going fine, 181, 193, 200 and 151 miles for the past 4 weeks, this last week punctuated by a necessary trip to Wembley to watch Everton dispose of Manchester United in a penalty shoot-out..... (see below Phil Jagielka about to take the 5th penaly that put us through to the FA Cup final on 30th May 2009). The chart right shows the bike miles since December 08, this doesn't include cross training sessions, usually 1 or 2 per week x 10K / 44mins.

Good to get out in spring / summer clothing. The new club kit that we will be using for the Etape and other prep events arrived this week, so it's been out this last week plenty of times, well impressed...... see below.

Mentioned the possibility of travelling overseas several updates ago, now it's all happening, I'm leaving to the US on 5th May 2009 for a few weeks, looking forward to exploring Oregon, supposed to be beautiful countryside.

Unfortunately I get to miss the Etape du Dales but business brings me back to the UK early June so I get to do the Wicklow 200 and the Dragon Ride on consecutive weekends, should be interesting..... My Etape du Dales entry is up for grabs, I don't want the £30 but I would like a similar amount in the form of a cheque payable to Macmillan Cancer Care, first come first served...

Had a follow-up consultation with the Orthopaedic Surgeon 10 days ago, he's agreed to undertake a steroid injection and manipulation under a general anesthetic on the 1st May 2009, I have high hopes this will allow me to run again, fingers crossed.






















No comments: